Monday 2 November 2009

almost there!


02 january 2009. today is my titas' and cousins' last day in sg. my dad and mom went to dr. chua earlier so they can run tests on mom. i'm 1 day overdue already. around 4pm, mom took a shower and got the hospital bags ready. (grand)papa accompanied mom to redhill mrt where she would meet dad (who came from work). when they arrived at jurong east clinic, they ran tests on mom. the contractions are still very irregular, but my heartbeat and my movements are ok. i am quite active actually. they checked if my mom's waterbag was leaking, but it's not. so, saatna, dr. chua's assistant ask them if they want to induce labor. my parents discussed it and because they are so dying to see me already, they said ok. saatna made arrangements at nuh so mom can have her own delivery suite ready and our own room reserved for us =) beofre leaving the clinic, they told mom that she can only eat 1 bread and 1 milo, must be eaten before 6pm and no more meals after that. poor mom...




so, they went to the nearby kopitiam to eat, then went home. i am a bit sad because my titas and cousins are leaving that night and we won't be able to bring them to the airport. we spent few more hours at home, laughing and playing with them as they packed. we left the hse around 10:30pm already. we parted ways at tiong bahru mrt station, since my titas and cousins are going to the airport and we were headed to nuh.


my mom was quite anxious and scared. it's her first time to be admited to a hospital. we checked in around 11:30pm (the nurses and midwives were waiting for us already). the suite was nice, here is a pic of nuh delivery suite 10:




there's a lazy boy for dad, tv, toilet and shower room. this is were i was born.

this is mom all strapped up (she's trying to smile even if her insides where shaking like crazy!):


i'm almost there =)

No comments:

Post a Comment